By Young W. Park, George F. W. Haenlein, William L. Wendorff
THE purely SINGLE-SOURCE consultant TO the newest technology, food, AND purposes OF the entire NON-BOVINE MILKS ate up round the WORLD
Featuring contributions via a world group of dairy and nutrients specialists, this moment variation of the popular Handbook of Milk of Non-Bovine Mammals provides entire assurance of milk and dairy items derived from all non-bovine dairy species.
Milks derived from domesticated dairy species except the cow are an important nutritional part for plenty of international locations world wide. particularly in constructing and under-developed international locations, milks from secondary dairy species are crucial assets of foodstuff for the humanity. a result of unavailability of cow milk and the low intake of meat, the milks of non-bovine species equivalent to goat, buffalo, sheep, horse, camel, Zebu, Yak, mare and reindeer are serious day-by-day nutrients assets of protein, phosphate and calcium. in addition, due to hypoallergenic homes of yes species milk together with goats, mare and camel are more and more suggested as substitutes in diets if you be afflicted by cow milk bronchial asthma. This book:
- Discusses key facets of non-bovine milk creation, together with uncooked milk creation in a number of areas worldwide
- Describes the compositional, dietary, healing, physio-chemical, and microbiological features of all non-bovine milks
- Addresses processing applied sciences in addition to a variety of ways to the distribution and intake of synthetic milk products
- Expounds features of non-bovine species milks relative to these of human milk, together with dietary, allergenic, immunological, overall healthiness and cultural factors.
- Features six new chapters, together with one concentrating on using non-bovine species milk elements within the manufacture of youngster formulation products
Thoroughly up to date and revised to mirror the numerous advances that experience happened within the dairy because the ebook of the acclaimed first edition, Handbook of Milk of Non-Bovine Mammals, 2nd Edition is a vital reference for dairy scientists, nutritionists, foodstuff chemists, animal scientists, hypersensitive reaction experts, overall healthiness execs, and allied professionals.