By Mike Andrews, James A. Whittaker
Rigorously try and enhance the protection of your whole net software program!
It’s as definite as demise and taxes: hackers will mercilessly assault your websites, purposes, and providers. If you’re weak, you’d higher observe those assaults your self, sooner than the black hats do. Now, there’s a definitive, hands-on consultant to security-testing any Web-based software program: tips to holiday net software program.
In this e-book, popular specialists deal with each classification of internet software program make the most: assaults on consumers, servers, kingdom, consumer inputs, and extra. You’ll grasp strong assault instruments and strategies as you discover dozens of the most important, largely exploited flaws in net structure and coding. The authors exhibit the place to appear for capability threats and assault vectors, how you can conscientiously try out for every of them, and the way to mitigate the issues you discover. insurance contains
· consumer vulnerabilities, together with assaults on client-side validation
· State-based assaults: hidden fields, CGI parameters, cookie poisoning, URL leaping, and consultation hijacking
· assaults on user-supplied inputs: cross-site scripting, SQL injection, and listing traversal
· Language- and technology-based assaults: buffer overflows, canonicalization, and NULL string attacks
· Server assaults: SQL Injection with kept systems, command injection, and server fingerprinting
· Cryptography, privateness, and assaults on internet services
Your internet software program is mission-critical–it can’t be compromised. no matter if you’re a developer, tester, QA expert, or IT supervisor, this ebook might help you defend that software–systematically.