EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework
Series Editors: Erich Gamma • Lee Nackman • John Wiegand
The Authoritative consultant to EMF Modeling and Code Generation
The Eclipse Modeling Framework allows builders to swiftly build strong functions in response to unusually uncomplicated types. Now, during this completely revised moment version, the project’s builders provide professional tips, perception, and examples for fixing real-world issues of EMF, accelerating improvement tactics, and bettering software program caliber.
This version comprises greater than forty% new fabric, plus updates all through to make it much more worthy and functional. The authors remove darkness from the major innovations and methods of EMF modeling, learn EMF’s most vital framework periods and generator styles, consultant you thru settling on optimum designs, and introduce strong framework customizations and programming ideas. assurance comprises
• Defining versions with Java, UML, XML Schema, and Ecore
• NEW: utilizing prolonged Ecore modeling to completely unify XML with UML and Java
• producing top of the range code to enforce types and editors
• figuring out and customizing generated code
• entire documentation of @model Javadoc tags, generator version homes, and source keep and cargo options
• NEW: Leveraging the most recent EMF good points, together with prolonged metadata, function maps, EStore, cross-reference adapters, copiers, and content material types
• NEW: Chapters on switch recording, validation, and using EMF in stand-alone and Eclipse RCP applications
• NEW: Modeling generics with Ecore and producing Java five code
About the Authors
Dave Steinberg is a software program developer in IBM software program team. He has labored with Eclipse and modeling applied sciences considering that becoming a member of the corporate, and has been a committer at the EMF undertaking considering that its debut in 2002.
Frank Budinsky, a senior architect in IBM software program team, is an unique coinventor of EMF and a founding member of the EMF undertaking at Eclipse. he's presently cochair of the carrier info items (SDO) specification technical committee at OASIS and lead SDO architect for IBM.
Marcelo Paternostro is a software program architect and engineer in IBM software program staff. he's an EMF committer and has been an energetic contributor to a number of different Eclipse tasks. ahead of becoming a member of IBM, Marcelo controlled, designed, and carried out quite a few tasks utilizing Rational's instruments and processes.
Ed Merks is the undertaking lead of EMF and a colead of the top-level Modeling venture at Eclipse. He holds a Ph.D. in Computing technology and has a long time of in-depth event within the layout and implementation of languages, frameworks, and alertness improvement environments. Ed works as a software program advisor in partnership with itemis AG.