The conventional department of work among the database (which purely shops and manages SQL and XML information for quick, effortless facts seek and retrieval) and the applying server (which runs software or company common sense, and presentation common sense) is out of date. even though the books basic concentration is on programming the Oracle Database, the recommendations and strategies supplied observe to so much RDBMS that aid Java together with Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. this is often the 1st booklet to hide new Java, JDBC, SQLJ, JPublisher and net providers positive aspects in Oracle Database 10g liberate 2 (the assurance begins with Oracle 9i unlock 2). This ebook is a must-read for database builders viewers (DBAs, database purposes builders, information architects), Java builders (JDBC, SQLJ, J2EE, and OR Mapping frameworks), and to the rising net prone assemblers.
* Describes pragmatic options, complicated database functions, in addition to provision of a wealth of code samples
* Addresses programming versions which run in the database in addition to programming types which run in middle-tier or client-tier opposed to the database.
* Discusses languages for kept methods: whilst to exploit proprietary languages equivalent to PL/SQL and while to exploit common languages resembling Java; additionally operating non-Java scripting languages within the database
* Describes the Java runtime within the Oracle database 10g (i.e., OracleJVM), its structure, reminiscence administration, safety administration, threading, Java execution, the local Compiler (i.e., NCOMP), find out how to make Java identified to SQL and PL/SQL, facts forms mapping, tips on how to call-out to exterior net parts, EJB parts, ERP frameworks, and exterior databases.
* Describes JDBC programming and the hot Oracle JDBC 10g beneficial properties, its complex connection companies (pooling, failover, load-balancing, and the short database occasion notification mechanism) for clustered databases (RAC) in Grid environments.
* Describes SQLJ programming and the most recent Oracle SQLJ 10g positive aspects , contrasting it with JDBC
* Describes the most recent Database internet prone positive aspects, internet providers recommendations and providers orientated structure (SOA) for DBA, the database as internet prone supplier and the database as net companies consumer.
* Abridged insurance of JPublisher 10g, a flexible supplement to JDBC, SQLJ and Database internet companies.