By Robert S. Youngquist
A necessary source for either scholars and practitioners, this entire textual content presents useful, updated information regarding common copy and reproductive problems in horses, farm animals, small ruminants, swine, llamas, and different farm animals. that includes contributions from specialists within the box, each one part is dedicated to another huge animal species and starts with a overview of the clinically appropriate points of the reproductive anatomy and body structure of either men and women. Key issues contain the evaluate of breeding soundness, being pregnant prognosis, analysis and remedy of infertility, abortion, obstetrics, surgical procedure of the reproductive tract, care of neonates, and the newest reproductive technology.
- Includes insurance of all huge animal species.
- All sections offer a assessment of clinically pertinent reproductive body structure and anatomy of ladies and men of every species.
- Complete assurance of the most up-tp-date reproductive know-how, together with embryo move, estrous synchronization, and synthetic insemination.
- A new part on substitute farming that addresses replica in bison, elk, and deer.
- New to the equine part: stallion administration, infertility, and breeding soundness evaluation.
- New to the bovine part: estrous cycle synchronization, reproductive biotechnology, ultrasonographic selection of fetal gender, heifer improvement, and analysis of abortion.
- New to the porcine part: man made insemination, boar/stud administration, illnesses of postpartum interval, and infectious disorder control.
- New to the llama part: infectious illness and nutrition.
Read or Download Current Therapy in Large Animal Theriogenology Vol. 2 PDF
Best Animal Husbandry books
Designed for beginning-level readers who've no longer but accomplished extra technical coursework in math and technological know-how, this booklet introduces the breadth of the fisheries conservation and administration process—rather than the depths and information of particular fisheries conservation and administration settings. It presents a wide background—including simple info on fish, their habitats, and those that fish for them; offers various examples of either successes and mess ups, strengths and weaknesses of specific conservation or administration thoughts and courses (See Chs.
Feed and fertilizer are major expenditures in aquaculture operations and play a huge function within the winning construction of fish and different seafood for human intake. This ebook experiences the foremost houses of feeds, advances in feed formula and component offerings and the practicalities of feeding platforms and methods.
Extra info for Current Therapy in Large Animal Theriogenology Vol. 2