By Azhar Hamid
A useful consultant for strong sharī'ah governance of the Islamic banking industry
Debate out there at the quantity of sharī'ah compliance of Islamic banks, their items, and actions has piqued stakeholders' curiosity. In Foundations of Sharī'ah Governance of Islamic Banks, Karim Ginena and Azhar Hamid discover the depths of sharī'ah governance to solve its mysterious dimensions, and equip teachers and practitioners with a fantastic knowing of the topic, which has develop into a significant problem and hence merits devoted attention.
The authors make a powerful case for the necessity to include the sharī'ah chance that Islamic banks event, and current a compelling argument for the way this could be performed. Ginena and Hamid suggest a powerful sharī'ah governance version that comprehensively tackles thisrisk, and is helping increase the level of sharī'ah compliance of industry gamers. The authors aspect the interior, exterior, and institutional preparations had to advertise accountable sharī'ah governance, and severely examine present legislation, rules, and practices at the subject. The chapters of the publication do the following:
- Examine the roots, features and goals of sharī'ah and its relation to monetary dealings;
- Probe the position of regulators in sharī'ah governance, discover the several ways followed through banking supervisors, and supply examples of correct felony and regulatory measures;
- Explain to financial institution administrators and administration the fiduciary responsibility they think with admire to sharī'ah compliance, and element how they can discharge this accountability based on most sensible practices;
- Elaborate at the goal of the Sharī'ah Supervisory Board (SSB), its obligations, competence standards, inner laws, and key governance instructions; also, they discover diverse SSB models;
- Describe the inner sharī'ah keep an eye on procedure together with its six parts, and view the interior sharī'ah audit functionality in addition to assorted phases of accomplishing a sharī'ah audit;
- Clarify the function of a sharī'ah auditor, with counsel on reporting traces, scope of tasks, authority, and sensible methods on pleasant projects, resembling a pattern sharī'ah chance evaluation grid and audit checklists;
- Discuss the newly rising exterior sharī'ah advisory agencies which are anticipated to play a key position within the coming years and the prone they provide.
Through an efficient therapy of every of those parts, and how that they have interaction with each other, the e-book bargains a clean tackle how powerful sharī'ah governance of Islamic banks could be effectively complete. it's a entire source for teachers, regulators, administrators, legal professionals, auditors, specialists, staff, and buyers of Islamic banks attracted to studying extra approximately those demanding situations. This crucial analyzing persuasively extends the discourse at the topic and addresses serious sharī'ah concerns that experience coverage implications for determination makers in jurisdictions aiming to draw the fast-growing Islamic finance or bring up their marketplace share.
Read or Download Foundations of Shari'ah Governance of Islamic Banks (The Wiley Finance Series) PDF
Best Banks Banking books
Banks are of critical significance for monetary development, the allocation of capital, competitiveness, and monetary balance. Propelled via technological advances in monetary research and monetary deregulation, the banking industry's funding performed a key function in bettering nationwide financial development within the early twenty first century.
An research which locations London in its worldwide monetary surroundings and lines, with new aspect, the origins of "Big Bang". It makes an attempt to investigate the fewer commonly used evolution of many urban associations, together with the massive banks - whose enterprise and way of life is tested - the hot funding banks, the service provider banks and London's great overseas banking fraternity.
The monetary integration of the international locations of critical and jap Europe and the Commonwealth of self sustaining States was once arguably essentially the most profound adjustments skilled via the area economic climate within the Nineteen Nineties. This ebook examines those international locations in reforming their monetary platforms within the fist decade of transition.
The expanding interdependence of the area economic climate has large implications for international finance within the twenty-first century. This quantity brings jointly top students and practitioners to supply in-depth analyses of the recent path open to the monetary providers undefined. They discover the demanding situations and possibilities of the recent finance period, destiny improvement in monetary markets, with specific emphasis at the function of latest applied sciences and the industry's view of strengthening monetary intermediation.
Extra info for Foundations of Shari'ah Governance of Islamic Banks (The Wiley Finance Series)