The one e-book of its sort with in-depth assurance of the commonest unique species awarded in perform, this entire advisor prepares you to regard invertebrates, fish, amphibians and reptiles, birds, marsupials, North American natural world, and small mammals corresponding to ferrets, rabbits, and rodents. geared up via species, each one bankruptcy beneficial properties brilliant colour pictures that display the original anatomic, scientific, and surgical gains of every species. This crucial reference additionally presents a complete evaluation of biology, husbandry, preventive medication, universal ailment displays, zoonoses, and masses extra. different key themes comprise universal healthiness and dietary matters in addition to restraint options, lab values, drug dosages, and specific gear had to deal with exotics.
- Brings state-of-the-art details on all unique species jointly in a single handy resource.
- Offers crucial recommendations for getting ready your employees to correctly deal with and deal with unique patients.
- Features a whole bankruptcy on equipping your perform to deal with unique species, together with the required apparatus for housing, diagnostics, pathology, surgical procedure, and therapeutics.
- Provides life-saving info on CPR, medications, and supportive take care of unique animals in distress.
- Discusses flora and fauna rehabilitation, with important details on legislation and rules, developing licensure, orphan care, and emergency care.
- Includes a complete bankruptcy dedicated to the emergency administration of North American wildlife.
- Offers specialist tips on treating exotics for practitioners who is probably not skilled in unique puppy care.
Read Online or Download Manual of Exotic Pet Practice, 1e PDF
Similar Animal Husbandry books
Designed for beginning-level readers who've now not but accomplished extra technical coursework in math and technology, this e-book introduces the breadth of the fisheries conservation and administration process—rather than the depths and info of particular fisheries conservation and administration settings. It offers a extensive background—including easy info on fish, their habitats, and those who fish for them; offers various examples of either successes and disasters, strengths and weaknesses of specific conservation or administration recommendations and courses (See Chs.
Feed and fertilizer are major bills in aquaculture operations and play a massive position within the winning creation of fish and different seafood for human intake. This booklet studies the main homes of feeds, advances in feed formula and factor offerings and the practicalities of feeding structures and methods.
Extra resources for Manual of Exotic Pet Practice, 1e