By James M. Giffin
With hundreds of thousands of leisure riders at the bridle paths this day, breeding is changing into more and more well known between horse proprietors in any respect event degrees. even if you're already having fun with the wealthy rewards of equine breeding or desire down-to-earth recommendation on even if breeding is true for you and your animal, the Veterinary consultant to Horse Breeding bargains an intensive, updated evaluate of the process.
From choosing the right horses to mating, being pregnant, birthing, and taking good care of a baby foal, this is often the authoritative source you will need by means of your part in any respect phases of the breeding strategy to deliver fit, attractive foals into your existence. good points include:
* counsel on comparing mares and stallions from bloodline and function checklist to total future health and appearance
* Key breeding recommendations comparable to synthetic insemination, pasture breeding, and hand breeding
* being pregnant necessities together with checking out, gestation, care of pregnant mares, and working with complications
* Foaling basics: symptoms of coming near near exertions, exertions and supply, care of the postpartum mare, and more
* a whole immunization time table, physiological review tables and techniques, and an intensive word list of terms
* greater than a hundred pictures and drawings illustrating anatomy, strategies, and procedures
Read Online or Download Veterinary Guide to Horse Breeding PDF
Best Animal Husbandry books
Designed for beginning-level readers who've no longer but accomplished extra technical coursework in math and technological know-how, this e-book introduces the breadth of the fisheries conservation and administration process—rather than the depths and information of particular fisheries conservation and administration settings. It offers a extensive background—including uncomplicated info on fish, their habitats, and those who fish for them; presents a variety of examples of either successes and disasters, strengths and weaknesses of specific conservation or administration ideas and courses (See Chs.
Feed and fertilizer are major bills in aquaculture operations and play a tremendous position within the profitable construction of fish and different seafood for human intake. This ebook experiences the main homes of feeds, advances in feed formula and factor offerings and the practicalities of feeding platforms and methods.
Additional resources for Veterinary Guide to Horse Breeding